Skip to main content

Butterfly Project- “The Pain Strikes Sparks on me the Pain of Terezin”

Fifteen beds. Fifteen charts with names, Fifteen people without a family tree. Fifteen bodies for whom torture is medicine and pills. Beds over which the crimson blood of ages spills. Fifteen bodies that want to live here. Thirty eyes seeking quietness. Bald heads that gape from out of the prison. The holiness of the suffering, which is none of my business. The loveliness of the air, which day after day Smells of strangeness and carbolic. The nurses that carry thermometers Mothers who grope after a smile. Food is such a luxury here. A long, long night, and a brief day. But anyway, I don't want to leave The lighted rooms and the burning checks, Nurses who leave behind them only a shadow To help the little sufferers. I'd like to stay here, a small patient, Waiting the doctor's daily round, Until, after a long, long time, I'd be well again. Then I'd like to live And go back home again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I was president

If I was president I would use a portion of taxes to give to the homeless, 3rd world countries and struggling collage students. I would keep DACA, and make school lunches better because I'm pretty sure kids don't want food that bounces and to have their cheese to taste like plastic. I would raise the salary for teachers, social workers and whoever dresses up as santa at the mall. Kids won't have to wear uniforms only ID's and in troubled neighborhoods police officers would be almost everywhere where they are children to prevent illegal activities. More field trips in school by/ kids don't want to sit in a classroom all day even if we are playing games or  have free time.

Digital citizenship

Digital citizenship means you careful with your device you keep it in the bag and use it for school use only. The iPad are used for studies and projects like google docs, Classkick, educational games and sometimes music

SOL

Stomp stomp stomp. My shoes echo in the hallway as me and Arely race to the door. I hear the piter- pater  of the rest of the class far behind us, we stop to catch our breath and Erick walks up to the window, gazing into the class room. Then, BANG Arely was quick to push Erick’s face into the window. We started to laugh and Erick hid his face behind his folder and I made arely say sorry. After there was a small mark he left on the glass due to the oil on his forehead.